Bond's mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital.
Today, it's difficult for many businesses to build the financial products they imagine. Whether that's launching a new credit or debit card, a savings account, a lending business, or anything else — there are barriers in the way. Bond is focused on helping brands, businesses, and banks hurdle over those roadblocks.
Bond makes it easy for businesses to compliantly offer financial products. We make integration to the myriad, often-antiquated financial vendors more streamlined and intuitive. And, we make regulatory compliance not only achievable, but accessible. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products, thereby enabling digital brands to better engage their customers with unique financial products tailored to their needs.
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who loves to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
- Contribute on major initiatives to extend Bond’s platform capabilities
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to fully understand the feature and product vision and provide engineering feedback
- Design elegant API interfaces and domain models to provide consistency across multiple downstream vendor integrations
- Build secure, robust, scalable, and performant systems for processing transactions and managing customer data.
- Set and maintain high standards of technical excellence across the team
- Achieve operational excellence by participating in the team on-call rotation and owning production issues from root cause analysis to resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize projects and communicate changes to broader audiences
- Estimate project timelines, ensuring that projects you own stay on track and escalating as needed
- Mentor junior engineers and help hire new talent in order to build a stronger team
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience in software development roles
- Experience leading projects from architectural design to production, while setting and maintaining high standards of technical excellence across your team
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and a history of working effectively with your team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience or interest in FinTech or banking systems
You may also have:
- Experience working with service mesh architectures on major Cloud providers like AWS
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for third-party developers
- Experience integrating third-party vendor solutions into backend systems
- Experience with our tech stack, which includes Python (Flask & Django) and Kubernetes
- Experience with financial standards like ISO 8583 and ACH/NACHA
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.