Director, Customer Lifecycle and Growth
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran status, race, religion and sexual orientation. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate, customer-centric, data-driven team player to lead our retention team as our Director, Customer Lifecycle and Growth, reporting to our VP of Growth. You’ll be responsible for improving customer lifetime value and growing repeat customer revenue, operating as a player-coach for a (currently) 4 person team.
You’re rigorous about using data and insights to improve the customer experience across every stage of the lifecycle, working closely with teams across the business to make it happen. You’re comfortable making decisions at 70% confidence and thrive in a state of continuous learning.
Bombas has strong current customer retention but we believe this is one of the biggest growth opportunities for the company over the next three years and this role will have high visibility and accountability.
This role is currently based out of our NYC headquarters.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Retention strategy
- Evolve and execute our retention vision, strategy, roadmap to increase our customer lifetime value and brand loyalty, using retention team resources and influencing adjacent team roadmaps
- Own the end-to-end repeat customer experience, working closely cross-functionally to scope and solve the most impactful customer problems in a way that increases lifetime value and NPS - you make big things happen
- Bring a strong perspective on how and where to take risks to move the retention program forward in exciting ways across earned, owned and paid channels - this is bigger than CRM
- Work with giving, brand, creative, merchandizing, and product teams to translate our mission, brand and product offering into a compelling marketing, product and content strategy for existing customers within CRM, loyalty, and other customer touch points
- Manage roadmap for segmentation, personalization, and automation within customer touch points to create a cohesive customer experience
- Deeply understand how data and technology underpinnings of retention work - including customer data platforms, email service providers, data feed integration and our site experience - and leverage them to full potential
- Using the unique benefits of - and navigating around the challenges of - having physical products and inventory to drive retention
- Team leadership
- Build and mentor a collaborative, high-performing team with a strong sense of ownership and a customer-centric point of view. Define team structure, hiring priorities, and partner needs. Current team is 4 people.
- Help to define, improve and hold people accountable cross-functional processes related to CRM and loyalty, and advocate for our existing customer base in go-to-market
- Ensure we have the right technology and data stack and partners to scale
- Help the team build effective cross-functional relationships and processes with key stakeholders including merchandising, brand, creative, product, analytics, insights, and customer happiness.
What we’ll love about you:
- Retention strategy
- Demonstrable success in delivering double-digit repeat customer revenue growth at scale at a B2C company. Applicants with experience in both CRM and loyalty/membership marketing strongly preferred, and international experience a plus
- Experience in retention at companies with physical products a strong plus
- Strategic, customer-centric thinker who understands business and brand complexities, and develops retention approaches that address these nuances
- Use of both data and qual insights to create and iterate on retention strategy
- Expert at bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to advance retention goals, and at helping other teams drive results through close collaboration with retention
- Excited to move Bombas further forward as a mission-driven company and to think deeply about how retention can accelerate our mission and our mission can help with retention
- Team leadership
- You lead by example, with a proactive, collaborative approach
- You love building high-performance teams that work smart (not just hard)
- Experience building new team processes, measuring impact, and maximizing the value of technology/tools that apply data effectively to marketing
- Exceptional leader and team player with proven ability to lead cross-functionally through influence and work effectively with diverse cross-functional teams
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and two annual company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only requests related to accommodations will be responded to.