Technical Product Design Lead
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran status, race, religion and sexual orientation. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
About the Job:
We are looking for a leader and a team player to join our Global Sourcing Team as our Technical Product Design Lead. The ideal candidate has 10-15+ years of experience in technical product design and 5+ years in a leadership role. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing brand with a mission to help those in need.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Create, develop, and manage technical design strategy to manage the development and production of seasonal collections, chase product, and test orders.
- Collaborate cross functionally and globally in efforts to deliver on metrics while protecting brand DNA.
- Ensure that all products are developed in a manner consistent with established fit and comfort quality, performance, standards, manufacturer capabilities and cost specifications.
- Identify risks and work to rectify any problematic construction, fabrics or trims.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, early in the fit development process.
- Lead and manage the fit process.
- Development and maintenance of blocks for a more consistent fit and quicker product development timeline.
- Review tools and processes for continuous improvement opportunities, increased productivity and best practices within Technical Design.
- Travel to regional sourcing offices and/or factories to work with technical teams to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities.
- Drive and evolve a Technical Design strategy; operations, methods, measures of effectiveness.
- Mentor, coach and counsel direct reports to be accountable to perform within expectations.
What we’ll love about you:
- Holds self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and two annual company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- 10-15+ years in apparel product technical design and apparel manufacturing
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Expertise in pattern-making including grading, construction and fit for multiple or complex product
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.