Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over ten million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate, agile and highly motivated thought leader to join our Data & Analytics team as an Analytics Engineer, reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Analytics Engineering. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience in building data solutions to democratize data across large organizations. You will be managing incoming modeling requests, assisting in large scale third-party implementations, and playing a key role in building and automating data pipelines.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Work with business stakeholders and Analytics to understand problems and data sources, and play the pivotal role of architecting data models to address needs
- Gather requirements, build roadmaps, and write great documentation for data sources that need to be modeled
- Build ELT jobs based on jointly defined requirements
- Support bug fixing and performance analysis along the data pipeline, including writing tests
- Be a strong advocate for a culture of process and data quality across development teams
- Assist teams in third party tool implementation including CDP (Customer Data Platform), ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Automate existing reports and work with stakeholders to streamline reporting/analyses
- Leverage Google Cloud Platform to ingest data sources not currently landing in the data warehouse
What we’ll love about you:
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting tools (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Periscope) and data warehousing
- Experience thinking through and implementing ELT, along with strong data modeling skills
- Experience partnering with individuals at all levels, in multiple departments
- Strong project and process management with proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience in a data role working with data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with git and git-based workflows
- Experience with GCP or AWS, Looker or other similar BI tools
- Python skills a plus
- dbt experience a plus