Operations Analytics Manager
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty five million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate, agile and highly motivated thought leader to join our Data & Analytics team as a Operations Analytics Manager, reporting directly to our Director of Data & Analytics. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in using analytics to directly understand and impact customer service/sales operations and supply chain/logistics. You will be steering our customer service, sales & business operations strategy through analytics and business intelligence.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Develop strategy and drive the analytics/business intelligence function for stakeholders in business operations, including Customer Happiness (customer service), Planning and Operations
- Be a thought leader in defining, analyzing and validating key metrics and hypotheses to inform decision-making and measure the success of our business operations teams
- Educate around BI tools and drive consistent usage
- Be the liaison between business stakeholders and Analytics Engineering to define the ETL structure for consolidating data into consistent and reliable datasets for analysis and reporting
What we’ll love about you:
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting tools (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Periscope) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion
- Experience partnering with individuals at all levels, in multiple departments
- Proven track record of conducting technical, yet easily digestible (to a non-technical audience) analyses that drive strategic decisions & initiatives
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills - passionate about storytelling via data
- Strong project and process management with proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years in business intelligence/analytics field, specifically for business operations teams (customer service/sales operations, logistics/supply chain)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Extremely strong SQL skills
- Plethora of experience in project, process and stakeholder management
- Extremely skilled at creating reports and dashboards in BI reporting tools (Looker, Chart.io, Periscope, etc)
- Solid understanding of ETL, data warehousing and data modeling concepts and practices
- Basic R or Python skills (not required, but preferred)
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Requests only related to accommodations will be responded to.