Senior Technical Accounting Manager
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty five million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
About the Job:
Bombas is looking to hire a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting who will help lead and support the accounting team. This position will report directly to our corporate Controller. The individual must possess strong communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills. He/she also should have comprehensive knowledge and experience of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). In addition, at Bombas, our social mission is of utmost importance, and we are seeking candidates who are passionate about making a positive difference in our world.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Oversee the yearly audit and sales tax audits
- Responsible for monthly and yearly closes
- Be a technical accounting resource:
- Ensure compliance with technical accounting standards including U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Prepare and update GAAP and IFRS accounting policies
- Track, present and implement emerging guidance (including leases and revenue recognition)
- Assist with the implementation of NetSuite
- Perform other accounting projects and duties as assigned
- Help develop and implement department policies, procedures and best practices
- Help develop accounting staff
What we’ll love about you:
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- Team player
- Actively licensed CPA
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 7-10 years of public and private accounting experience
- Experience with transfer price and multiple currency accounting
- Experience with inventory accounting
- Knowledge of technical accounting concepts such as push-down accounting, subleasing gain/loss recognition, revenue recognition
- NetSuite, QuickBooks experience preferred but not required
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Requests only related to accommodations will be responded to.