Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty five million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
About the Job:
We are looking for a razor-sharp, team-player to join our Merchandise team as our Merchandising Manager reporting directly to our Senior Director, Merchandising. The ideal candidate has up to 3-5 years of experience in merchandising or a similar role. As a Merchandiser, you will work closely with the cross functional Design, Production, and Planning teams to drive the future direction of our growing apparel business. This position will also coordinate with the Ecommerce, Tech, and Marketing teams to make sure the product comes to life across all touch points.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Work with Design and Production to develop the apparel product assortment, merchandise point of view, wholesale strategies, and key item positioning, ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives to meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations for each season
- Assist on quarterly apparel roadmap process to inform Design team of assortment for upcoming seasons, providing guidance on category growth opportunities
- Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets and brands
- In collaboration with Planning, position department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets of sales, gross margin, and inventory goals are met
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales and web performance metrics; provide appropriate and timely direction to business partners and team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends
- Be responsible for creating and managing styles in our databases
- Partner with our Production and Operations teams to help track our product
- Work cross functionally with the Ecom to launch products and merchandise the site accordingly
- Work cross functionally with the Ecom Merchandising and Insights/Analytics to ensure that we are testing and maximizing how product is shown on site through intuitive category navigation and clear product details
- Work with Marketing team to outline seasonal product stories, emails, and campaigns
- Partner with Wholesale to ensure we are addressing market needs
- Partner with the Customer Happiness Team to share seasonal merchandise strategies and product knowledge and to collect customer feedback
What we’ll love about you:
- Excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced and growing team in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- Analytical ability to synthesize data to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight.
- Creative and excited about working cross-functionally across various departments, fostering strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team (Design, Production, Planning, Marketing) and brand counterparts.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you'll bring:
- BA and 3-5 years of experience in retail buying and/or merchandising, preferred
- Working knowledge of financial measurement.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests only related to accommodations will be responded to.