Sourcing Assistant, Product Development (Socks)
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate, curious and collaborative team player to join our Sourcing team as our 'Sourcing Assistant, Product Development (Socks)' reporting directly to our Senior Sourcing Manager, Socks. The ideal candidate has 1-2 years experience in Sourcing/Product Development/Production internships or jobs. This is an opportunity to join a growing Sourcing team and get on hands experience working closely with design alongside overseas and domestic manufacturers.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with design team to ensure execution of their vision and our seasonal road maps
- Working closely with our manufacturing partners to ensure timely and proper execution of deliverables
- Updating and maintaining data in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
- Purchase Order (PO) issuance and maintenance
What we’ll love about you:
- Curiosity and hunger to always be learning
- Creative problem solver
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you bring:
- 1-2 years in related internship or work experience
- Associates Degree or higher in related program
- Collaborative, energetic attitude
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org