Workplace Coordinator (Entry Level)
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty five million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
About the Job:
We are looking for an energetic, self-starter to join our People Team as our Workplace Coordinator. The Workplace team is the “go-to” resource for the office. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and willing to do whatever it takes to put a smile on everyone’s face and has a “get it done” mentality. They will enthusiastically foster a positive and vibrant working environment while always exploring opportunities to improve the workplace. They view the workplace through an empathetic lens and truly care about people. This person will report to our Workplace and Facilities Manager.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage the front desk which includes greeting and welcoming all visitors with enthusiasm and professionalism receiving mail, coordinating pick up, accepting food deliveries, and helping with conference room requests.
- Our office is a second home for all of us and you are the host. Take genuine care and responsibility for the entire workplace. Our conference rooms, breakout spaces and kitchen are designed to look fantastic while being functional. You are responsible for keeping them maintained and ready for use at all times.
- Maintain relationships with all office-related vendors to ensure they are meeting Bombas’ standards.
- Track all office inventory, including office supplies, snacks, beverages, recreational items.
- Be flexible. Have the ability to adapt and pivot with changing scenarios.
- Collaborate with and support the Events Manager with executing office events. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: event set up and break down, ordering and coordinating catering, chair set up, kitchen set up.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team members to coordinate the on-site candidate experience during on-site interviews. Ensure all job candidates leave the office with a positive and lasting impression.
- Support our Bombas new hire onboarding experience. Order all new hire supplies and equipment and setup workspaces prior to their arrival.
- As a member of the People Team, you are expected to support and contribute to the overall Bombas employee experience. From time to time, this will include supporting People Team initiatives that require all hands on deck and occasional overtime Training will be provided when necessary.
What we’ll love about you:
- You’re a team player who is willing and happy to help.
- A desire to learn, grow, and gain experience in people operations, facilities, and office administration.
- A contagious, positive attitude. Someone that could be described as a “people person”.
- Immeasurable attention to detail, written and verbal communication. You are innately organized. You organize for fun. You love organization. Exceptional multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving back.
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up. A creative thinker and problem solver.
- Bee your authentic self!
- You love dogs!
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in hospitality, human resources, people operations, office administration, office management, or facilities management
- Experience managing and tracking a budget is a plus
- Experience using Apple products, Google Apps, including Google Calendar and Gmail.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting general IT issues a plus, but not required.
- Experience with ticketing systems is a plus but not required.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.