Senior FP&A Manager, Operations
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty five million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Senior FP&A Manager, Operations to join our Finance team, reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis with a track record demonstrating excellent technical and communication skills. We are seeking candidates who have prior FP&A experience in retail/E-commerce with a strong background in operations, gross margin, and inventory planning.
As a Senior FP&A Manager, Operations at Bombas, you’ll be supporting the finance and accounting teams to help provide financial and strategic insight through bottoms-up analysis, forecasting and performance measurement. Furthermore, this role will involve working closely with our operations, sourcing and product teams. This is a fast-paced role that requires the highest level of work ethic, quick on your feet out of the box thinking, and a collaborative mentality. Additionally, at Bombas our mission is of utmost importance, and we are seeking candidates who are passionate about making a positive difference in the world.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Be a critical connection point between the Finance and Operations teams from a business results and forecasting perspective
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize weekly dashboard reports that summarize key financials and operating KPIs
- Work closely with the Accounting team to assist with period variance analysis
- Develop, execute and effectively communicate significant analyses that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business. Leverage tools and systems to quickly access data and present meaningful, concise information to various levels of management
- Maintain ownership of comprehensive, driver-based financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions, and metrics for near-term and longer-term forecasts
- Key stakeholder in inventory planning process and near-term inventory forecasting
- Provide strong business analytic decision support on numerous revenue and cost initiatives, return on investment analyses and/or other assigned projects
- Support best-in-class finance capabilities by partnering with teams across the company to drive financial and strategic insight through deep goal-oriented financial analysis and long-range planning
- Support both quantitative and qualitative analysis influence decisions, including market segmentation and sizing, market trend and competitive landscape analyses, etc
- Support key business initiatives including new products, pricing, strategic partnerships, and new markets.
What we’ll love about you:
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, or a related field preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel, bonus points for SQL, Python, Data Visualization and experience with ERP software
- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis, with a track record demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Retail/E-commerce industry experience a must
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.