Senior UX Researcher
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated and strategic thinker to join our Customer Insights team as our Senior UX Researcher, reporting directly to our Director of Customer Insights & Strategy. The ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience in insights and research, with expertise in UX research. This person will be building our user research function from the ground up and working directly with our digital product team to incorporate a customer-centric mindset from problem definition to post-launch iteration.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Articulate research questions and priorities with our digital product team, and recommend research methods to inform key product decisions that address user needs.
- Design and conduct user research into product designs to understand customer behaviors and uncover opportunities, including usability studies, surveys, and online experiments
- Synthesize and summarize findings using multiple data sources - both quantitative and qualitative - to inform the overall digital roadmap, digital product design, and development
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers and other cross-functional teams to design, implement and track the success of new features
What we’ll love about you:
- A champion of the customer-centric mindset, focusing on the Why behind customer feedback
- Proven track record of conducting UX research and design, and effectively influence business decisions and strategic initiatives that drive business decisions and strategic initiatives
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product design and development process, and a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methodologies
- Experience applying a range of research methods with creativity, scrappiness and critical thinking
- Knowledge of human-centered design and psychology
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- A team player who is willing and happy to help where it drives the greatest impact for the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and comfortable sharing insights and recommendations to different audiences
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer-paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years working as a UX Researcher at a startup or similar fast-paced technology company, mobile experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Social Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Google suite