Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Almost twenty five million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated and business-oriented transactional lawyer to join our growing Legal Team as our Corporate Counsel, reporting directly to our Vice President of Legal. The ideal candidate has 2-4 years of relevant experience at a leading law firm or in-house at a consumer-facing ecommerce business. This role will support a variety of internal legal matters, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, performing research on applicable laws and regulations, and advising our business teams on legal and compliance issues.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts of varying complexity, including licensing, vendor, SaaS, master services, confidentiality, data privacy and other agreements.
- Manage contract process from end-to-end, including owning our contract management system and ensuring business functions are meeting contractual obligations.
- Provide concise, plain-english legal advice to each function within the business.
- Create and implement company-wide and Legal Department templates, policies and processes.
- Counsel colleagues on a wide variety of legal issues, including related to employment law, privacy/data security, consumer protection, intellectual property and general corporate matters.
- Manage and liaise with a roster of external counsel when additional support or expertise is needed.
- Help manage Bombas’s IP portfolio.
What we’ll love about you:
- You are collaborative, kind, flexible and honest.
- You have a genuine curiosity about all facets of our business.
- You are a skilled drafter, problem solver and issue-spotter, with a practical approach to legal issues.
- You are confident and excited about handling tasks and answering questions.
- You embody a can-do approach to unfamiliar areas that haven’t been tackled before.
- You are a team player who is willing and happy to help, with a no-task-too-small mentality.
- You are detail-oriented, organized and efficient.
- You possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- You have a strong belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- You love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- You are comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused.
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you have:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience at a leading law firm or in-house at a consumer-facing ecommerce business.
- JD that is admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State bar.
- Significant exposure to sophisticated commercial, corporate or transactional matters.
- Broad overview in employment law and/or privacy/data security, preferred.
- Experience with consumer products and/or e-commerce companies, preferred.
- Broad overview in intellectual property law, including licensing of IP rights, preferred.
- Experience with cost-effective management of outside legal resources.