Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
Bombas products are designed, sampled, and produced to be best-in-class. The Operations team is charged with providing an equally outstanding delivery experiences to customers. Products need to be shipped on the right vessels, accurately received, efficiently fulfilled, and delivered on time. Operations coordinates numerous departments and vendors to get the job done.
Through interdepartmental collaboration, Operations acquires a deep understanding of each product. With this knowledge, the team creates procedures to transport goods through each step in the post-production supply chain. The Operations Manager will support activities concerning inbound freight, warehousing, fulfillment, outbound shipping, and returns. They will work especially closely with our 3PL to manage daily fulfillment activities and special projects.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Monitoring daily warehouse fulfillment activity. Track fulfillment performance against SLAs and KPIs. Document and communicate underperformance, and collect on chargebacks as necessary.
- Checking for inventory accuracy in consideration of physical and virtual movement of goods. Physical: warehouse handling and fulfillment. Virtual: WMS, IMS, and ERP.
- Managing special projects relating to promotions, special events, partnerships, campaigns, and gifting.
- Documenting processes and instructions. Sometimes for discrete initiatives, sometimes for long term reference.
- Identifying, containing, and resolving issues relating to production, fulfillment, and inbound/outbound shipping.
- Assisting with inbound freight bookings and communications, e.g. delays, unexpected charges, claims, and import/export questions.
- Leading purchasing of outbound shipping supplies. This includes planning dimensions, quantities, selecting vendors, and tracking usage.
- Helping Customer Happiness provide outstanding customer experiences while maintaining operational efficiency.
- Iterating on returns procedures. Adapt to new policies, products, and business goals.
What we’ll love about you:
- Qualitative and quantitative thinking. You use metrics, creativity, and common sense to solve problems.
- Strong communication. In writing, over the phone, and in person.
- Aptitude for distilling complex information into concise and actionable next steps.
- A knack for creating efficiencies without sacrificing quality.
- A good attitude, a level head, and the desire to succeed.
- Unfinished business bugs you.
- Belief in our mission and understanding of the importance of giving-back.
- Inquisitive, positive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience in Operations or similar role. Exposure to ecommerce, apparel, or warehousing a plus.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional ability to manage competing priorities, organize information, and communicate information across teams.
- You can provide examples of times you adhered to a timeline, contributed to a team, made a mistake, and accomplished something you’re proud of.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills. Familiarity with common data visualization platforms. Bonus points for foundational SQL.
- Self-motivated and proactive while maintaining a team mentality.