Associate Technical Designer, Men's Cut & Sew Tops & Bottoms
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over 20 million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
We are looking for an Associate Technical Designer, Men's Cut & Sew to join our Design team, reporting directly to our Senior Technical Product Designer. The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of technical experience as a design assistant/design intern, a love for product, meticulous attention to detail, and a passion for working on a creative team.
As an Associate Technical Designer, Men's Cut & Sew at Bombas, you’ll be joining a team that is growing quickly and expanding product categories. You will be involved in all aspects of the creative process from ideation to final product assortment, and work cross functionally with many departments within the company. You will be exposed to many areas of the business and help to shape the future of Bombas.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Assist senior technical design staff in preparing & evaluating fit on model
- Taking notes of evaluation of samples during model fittings
- Review and measure overseas proto garments against requested specifications for fit and construction with accuracy and speed
- Generate technical sketches and create detailed Instructions for improved sewing construction
- Update reports/tracking documents with sampling status
- Work closely with factories to ensure that all communication is clear and on time, and that all instructions are clearly understood and followed
- Update tech-packs after fittings on a timely basis to ensure that Calendar deadlines are met
What we’ll love about you:
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational capabilities & ability to multi-task
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you have:
- Interest in men's cut & sew tops & bottoms
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft office, etc.) and a drawing program (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 4-year degree and 2-year of design/tech design experience - OR - 2-year degree and 2-years design/tech design experience
- Must love dogs