Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over fifteen million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
We are looking for a product-minded and versatile Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience in software engineering, an eye for design, and a passion for building beautiful customer experiences.
As an engineer at Bombas, you’ll be joining a small but growing team, and will have direct input into the creation of foundational processes and systems that shape the future of our business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across all departments, and will serve as a key partner to our Creative, Marketing, and Product teams to help launch new product initiatives.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Refine our stack as we move to an API-first architecture and React/Redux
- Ship DRY and scalable code with a focus on performance optimization and backed by unit tests
- Work with our Product team to translate business needs into efficient and practical solutions
- Inform our enterprise architecture and help build, integrate, and maintain a growing array of internal and third-party applications and services
What we’ll love about you:
- Agile and excited to work in collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- You care about testing and automation, and know what it means to ship high quality code
- You know how to build user-friendly web applications and are interested in UI/UX design
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas clearly
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Knowledge of both building internal and consuming third-party APIs and have a strong grasp of REST architecture (GraphQL a plus)
- Familiar with continuous delivery and automated testing
- Experience with AWS and Heroku a plus
- Experience with e-commerce a plus