Vice President of Global Supply Chain
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Ten million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
We are looking for a knowledgeable, strategic, data-driven, team player to join our Operations team as our Vice President of Global Supply Chain, reporting directly to our COO. The ideal candidate has 7-15 years of ecommerce, multi-location, multi-country, apparel, fulfillment, and 3PL management experience. This is an opportunity to own and manage the fulfillment and customer experience of a fast growing, fun, and collaborative apparel organization. This position will position our company as we grow from $100mm to over $750mm+.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring that Operations is aligned with the larger organizational goals and that functions can scale to meet high growth expectations
- Achieving best in class fulfilment as measured by CHT NPS and customer LTV
- Incorporating additional 3PL facilities to optimize ship times and costs
- Managing 3PL output, productivity, and quality control, along with budgets, SLAs and contracts for multiple locations
- Overseeing design, buildout, and optimization of new and existing 3PLs
- Extensive knowledge of 3PL process, layout, staffing, technology, and implementation
- Planning for peak season of 10-15x normal volume during BFCM and holiday
- Leading D2C best practices from 3PL to the customer’s door
- Participating in integration of ERP system with one or more 3PL facilities
- Establishing reverse logistics processes and best practices
What we’ll love about you:
- Ability to coach and develop team members to take on more responsibility
- Positive attitude—can always see light at the end of the tunnel
- Can think on your feet and solve problems both large and small without getting overwhelmed
- Constant eye towards efficiency and optimization
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understands the importance of giving back
- Inquisitive, loves to learn, embraces failure, and never gives up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- 7-15 years of fulfillment experience
- D2C apparel experience with 6-9 lines/order, B2B a plus but D2C a must
- Need to have ERP experience preferably Netsuite, Excel power user, advanced SQL, WMS, OMS, and IMS knowledge (if you don’t know what these are, please do not apply), Shopify Plus a plus
- Extensive supply chain and logistics experience
- International 3PL a plus (Canada, EU and/or multi-location 3PL)
- Domestic and international parcel shipping knowledge, 321 imports