Senior Product Designer, UX/UI
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Fifteen million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
About the Job:
We are looking for an eager, hard working, and detail-oriented player to join our digital product team as our Sr. Product Designer, UX/UI, reporting to our Director of Product. This is an opportunity to have a huge impact as you’ll be our first-ever Product Designer. In partnership with our Director of Product, you’ll be responsible for crafting and executing on end-to-end vision for our entire on-site experience. You’ll create functional, delightful customer experiences using the combination of your design sense, user feedback, quantitative insights, and industry best practices. You’ll work closely with other designers and the creative team to develop the Bombas brand digitally. And partner with our engineering and digital product teams to create a shopping experience our customers love.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Roll your sleeves up and operate from end-to-end. From research and rough sketches to creating user flows, prototypes, final designs and shipped code you own every step of the design process.
- As the first Product Designer at Bombas you’ll be responsible for defining both the long-term strategy and short-term tactics for the entire digital experience.
- Build empathy for our customers. Understand their wants and needs and build a strong vision for how to improve the shopping experience across all devices, while balancing technology, brand and business goals.
- Developing and maintaining a design system that makes our product feel like one coherent experience to our customer and streamlines design and development.
- Be a champion for quality and the guardian of the details. Help your product team understand and appreciate the impact of great design and how to make it happen
What we'll love about you:
- You show strong product thinking, understanding not just ‘what’ but ‘why’, too
- You can take complex problems and boil them down into simple, elegant and impactful solutions
- You facilitate and foster a customer-focused design approach within your team
- You have a strong portfolio of projects showing your interaction and visual design skills
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- You’re curious, humble, experimental and willing to try, fail, learn and try again
- You have solid (4+ years) experience shipping digital products customers love
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.