The Financial Products team owns two of the most important areas with respect to a retailer’s online operations: payments and risk. Bolt strives to work with all credit card payment processors and Alternate Payment Methods (APMs) offering our end customers the greatest variety of choice in determining how they want to pay. For our retailers, our risk product gives them confidence we are approving the most amount of orders while keeping the fraudulent chargeback rate down.
Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) are platforms like Paypal, Affirm, or Afterpay that are digital first with a total payment volume of over $78 billion in 2020. This is expected to grow to $313 billion by 2030. Novel ways to pay like Buy Now Pay Later and appeal to online first consumers and will only accelerate the growth of APMs. This team has integrated with all 5 major APMs in the US. We want to build a platform to enable merchants to accept payments however they want. The APMs team is spending time developing our platform to enable all future payment methods.
We also think a lot about how to intelligently surface payment options to consumers. Paypal vs Apple Pay vs a credit card creates endless menu options for buyers. Through the power of Bolt accounts, we can save users’ preferred payment methods and intelligently infer what makes the most sense for purchase type and location, all while making it easy to find another option when we don’t know what is best. In the future, we want to use the learnings from the market to build our own first party payments product in the form of Bolt Cash. This team will eventually power all first and third party non-credit card payment methods
Check out our Engineering Blog!
- Work with a passionate, smart and ambitious team of engineers who built large scale systems at Uber, AirBnB, Facebook and Google (https://www.bolt.com/team).
- Take ownership of your own projects while pairing with mentors.
- Design and build mission critical systems, products and solutions that companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on.
- Contribute cross stack and learn a wide variety of skills and technologies.
- Work with production systems and on-call processes.
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering culture.
Our tech stack:
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services
- Typescript / React
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Are curious and passionate about technology
- Believe in our values
- Relevant industry experience (internships/Co-op if new grad)
- Are excited about jumping into any area of technology
- Have strong communication skills
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).