The Financial Products team owns two of the most important areas with respect to a retailer’s online operations: payments and risk. Bolt strives to work with all credit card payment processors and Alternate Payment Methods (APMs) offering our end customers the greatest variety of choice in determining how they want to pay. For our retailers, our risk product gives them confidence we are approving the most amount of orders while keeping the fraudulent chargeback rate down.
Payment is an integral part of the checkout where money needs to move from shopper to the merchant. Credit card transactions account for 70% of overall transactions in the US. The main goal of the PSP team is to ensure that money movement happens in a secure, reliable and speedy way. We take security seriously for our merchants and also help customers complete their purchases. We like to call ourselves the PSP team.
So what does it look like for engineers in the PSP team? Engineers in the PSP team are constantly innovating around the best practices in the payment industry. We innovate and build design patterns which helps us integrate with PSP's across the globe. We constantly play around with data to experiment and improve the auth rates for our merchants. We take merchant experience seriously and constantly build products which makes merchant onboarding seamless.
Check out our Engineering Blog!
- Work with a passionate, smart and ambitious team of engineers who built large scale systems at Uber, AirBnB, Facebook and Google (https://www.bolt.com/team).
- Take ownership of your own projects while pairing with mentors.
- Design and build mission critical systems, products and solutions that companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on.
- Contribute cross stack and learn a wide variety of skills and technologies.
- Work with production systems and on-call processes.
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering culture.
Our tech stack:
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services
- Typescript / React
- Are curious and passionate about technology
- Believe in our values
- Relevant industry experience
- Are excited about jumping into any area of technology
- Have strong communication skills
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays and your birthday off
- Equity Early Exercise Program
- Paid parental leave
- Phone, Utilities, and Wellness stipends
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).
To ensure the health and safety of all Bolters and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.