Bolt is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building the future of transport – one platform that connects you with cars, motorcycles, scooter sharing, and anything else you need to move around in your city. Fast, convenient and affordable for everyone, as transport should be.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our office in Budapest.
A good candidate has knowledge in accounting / general finance and understanding of different aspects of its rules and regulations. He/ she is detail oriented, numbers person having also an ability to see a larger picture. If needed he/she is ready to go for the extra mile to reach even higher results both personally and business wise. Teamwork and collaboration with others is in his/her nature.
Your main responsibilities will be to support our financial manager and accountant in our daily operations. Ensure that all financial processes are running flawlessly and all reports are up to date. You’ll be working closely with subsidiaries local bookkeepers and tax consultants as well as helping accountant with any other relevant tasks.
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
What you’ll be doing
- Collect, Organize and Process invoices, pay-roll and other documents.
- Ensure that all in-outbound invoice are crosschecked with relevant business functions and settled on time.
- Manage month-end close for various General Business and Ledger functions; including monthly business / controlling closures review of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and other supplementary tasks.
- Ensure financial and administrative accuracy; pair financial and accounting reports
- Partner with the Financial Manager to implement and maintain automated and manual controls to ensure financials completeness.
- Collaborate with cross-border financial teams to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accurate settlements.
- Support external and internal audit requirements.
- Work on ad-hoc projects with the financial manager
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in economic, financial or accounting area
- Organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks with high precision.
- Ability to work independently, resolve problems where analysis required
- "Can-do" attitude and ability to prioritize and deliver
- Motivating compensation – motivational base pay
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Working in one of the coolest offices in Budapest – ping-pong table, darts
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Monthly Bolt credit – both for work and leisure rides
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
- Snack and games in the office
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 30+ countries around the world.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!