Bolt is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building the future of transport – one platform that connects you with cars, motorcycles, scooter sharing, and anything else you need to move around in your city. Fast, convenient and affordable for everyone, as transport should be.
Bolt engineering teams are working on unique product challenges: complex algorithms for demand prediction, optimal real-time pricing, routing, fraud detection, distributed systems and much more. Volumes are growing at a steady pace.
This is once in a lifetime opportunity in a massively disrupting urban transportation area. While company is well-backed by strong investors and top talent, it’s small enough for every individual to have a big impact on its future and as well benefit from sky-rocketing equity package!
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building Bolt’s growing backend systems, with focus on our billing, fraud fighting, invoicing and payments domains
- Coding mostly in Node.js and TypeScript (previous experience with Node.js is a plus but is not required)
- Write simple and complex SQL queries keeping performance and data size in mind
- Designing and coding secure REST APIs on a daily basis, integrating with 1st and 3rd party APIs
- Working with the team on solving complex tasks and building a robust architecture of growing Commerce components
- Be part of diverse, international and agile team delivering mission critical features on daily basis
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap
We are looking for people who have experience with building REST APIs, understand transactionality and are able to deliver highly secure, reliable and maintainable code.
Previous experience with the Commerce business domain is highly welcomed (online payments, anti-fraud systems, billing and accounting, taxation).
Our values are using common sense instead or hard rules, automating all repetitive and non creative tasks and doing cool stuff every day.
- Experience in Node.js / C++ /Java or any OO language
- A university degree in a technical subject (Computer science, Mathematics or similar)
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Good English and communication skills
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with any SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
You’ll get extra credit for:
- Experience with micro-service and distributed systems
- Interest in real-time and asynchronous systems
- Familiarity with any cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Google app engine
- Great compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Working in one of the coolest offices in Tallinn – ping-pong table, free snacks/drinks
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Monthly Bokt credit for rides
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 30+ countries around the world.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!