Bolt is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building the future of transport – one platform that connects you with cars, motorcycles, scooter sharing, and anything else you need to move around in your city. Fast, convenient and affordable for everyone, as transport should be.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is well-versed in data technologies.
Join as an early member of a solid engineering team where your starting point is close to a billion peak requests, tens of terabytes of data, billions of coordinates, and a product loved by the customers. Scale and enable real-time machine learning pipelines to literally change how millions of people move.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, building and optimizing elements of Bolt’s Data Science Platform. Main areas include:
- Machine Learning models life cycle
- Data pipelines (ETLs, stream processing)
- Storage and statistics systems (Data Lake, Data Warehouse)
- Coding mostly in TypeScript and Node.js (previous experience is not required), occasionally in Python and other languages
- Designing and optimizing SQL queries and data storage formats
- Proactively solving technical challenges and fixing bugs
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap
We are looking for language-agnostic generalists that are able to pick up new tools to solve the problems they face. Check out our blog to know more about all the exciting projects that we are working on: https://medium.com/bolt-labs.
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Good English and communication skills
- Experience with micro-service and distributed systems
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift)
- A university degree in a technical subject (Computer science, Mathematics or similar)
You’ll get extra credit for:
- Experience in building and designing real-time and asynchronous systems
- Familiarity with streaming data technologies for low-latency data processing (Apache Spark/Flink, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hadoop ecosystem)
- Understanding of NoSQL databases (Redis, ElasticSearch, Apache Cassandra)
- Experience in building systems based on cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Great compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Working in one of the coolest offices in Tallinn – ping-pong table, free snacks/drinks
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Monthly Bolt credit – both for work and leisure rides
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 25+ countries around the world.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!