PJ BOATWRIGHT INTERN - MEMBERSHIP & MARKETING
Founded in 1901, the Northern California Golf Association is the largest allied golf association in the United States. The NCGA has roughly 200,000 members who belong to more than 1,300 member clubs throughout Northern California. The NCGA vision is “to ensure the game is vibrant, inclusive, and accessible” and is focused on enhancing the lives of Northern California golfers by helping them enjoy the benefits of golf for a lifetime. As a key partner with the USGA, the NCGA provides its members with official handicap indexes and helps oversee several critical governance areas for the game of golf. The NCGA owns and operates two golf courses (Poppy Hills and Poppy Ridge), conducts more than 650 days of golf events each year, including championships and competitive golf tournaments for all abilities, and casual golf outings and trips. The NCGA also publishes NCGA Golf magazine, NCGA PLUS digital magazine, and secures exclusive member discounts on products and services. Through the NCGA Foundation, the organization created and expanded Youth on Course, which provides kids access to golf for $5 or less at over 1,700 golf courses across the US and Canada.
Position: PJ Boatwright Intern - Membership & Marketing
Reports to: Manager, Customer Service & Governance
The PJ Boatwright Intern position is responsible for supporting the Customer Service team with answering calls and questions from NCGA members (on a wide range of topics, potentially directing them to the appropriate department), supporting Marketing & Communication initiatives to drive member participation, assisting the Growth team with social media content and posts, and gaining exposure to the Operation team through tournament operations and handicapping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all incoming emails and calls (through Hubspot and phone system) with prompt responses, leveraging FAQ’s and strong problem-solving ability.
- As needed, support tournament operations and handicapping department activities to provide overall knowledge of NCGA organization.
- Support Growth and Communications team with creating social media content and posting to social media accounts.
- Supports safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Other duties as assigned, including professional development.
- High School degree or GED.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to be a team player.
- Good people skills and high level of customer service.
- Ability to correspond with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong reasoning ability to understand and carry out instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all company and customer information, including use of tact and discretion.
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, specifically how tournaments are run and handicapping procedures.
- Monday to Friday, standard business hours of 8am-5pm
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a part-time, Non-Exempt position. with a starting salary of $18.75 per hour. Some clothing will be provided, with the employee expected to source and maintain a high-standard of attire at all times. Benefit package includes participation in the company’s 401k plan after one full year of employment, sick leave, holidays, meals, and golf benefits also included.