NORTHERN OHIO GOLF ASSOCIATION
2023 NORTHERN OHIO GOLF ASSOCIATION (THE TURN) NONPROFIT PROGRAM SERVICES INTERN (3-MONTHS)
USGA P.J. BOATWRIGHT JR. INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
ABOUT THE NORTHERN OHIO GOLF ASSOCIATION (NOGA): In 2023, the NOGA will serve as the region’s governing body for amateur golf throughout 35 counties across all of Northern Ohio and parts of Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1917, the NOGA is dedicated to promoting the game and serving its expanded membership of 171 clubs and approximately 27,000 individual golfers.
LOCATION OF INTERNSHIP: NOGA Headquarters located at the Wharton Center in North Olmsted, Ohio (suburb of Cleveland). Time will be allocated 100% to The Turn, the charitable arm of the NOGA.
ABOUT THE TURN: The Turn is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with physical disabilities through health-promoting fitness and golf-specific recreation programs. Programs and services are offered year-round and free of charge to more than 200 individuals annually at The Turn’s fully-accessible campus of the Wharton Center at North Olmsted Golf Club.
TERM OF INTERNSHIP: Three (3) months (start and end date are flexible)
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist organizational staff with all aspects of program administration serving people with physical disabilities. This includes but is not limited to: providing instruction for weekly fitness and golf-specific recreation programs, member event planning, golf course operations, media relations, and general office administration. Reports to Program Director.
- College Degree (completed or in progress). PGM students are eligible.
- Willingness to work with people with physical disabilities and follow appropriate disability etiquette
- Ability to live in Greater Cleveland area
- Willingness to work in fast pace and team-oriented structure
- Excellent communications and public relations skills
- A person with a strong work ethic that is self-motivated
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and Internet
- Lifting and carrying equipment up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- $2,000 per month (hourly employee), based on 40-hour work week
- The Turn Staff apparel and uniforms
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume including references. Position is open until filled with qualified candidate.
ABOUT THE P.J. BOATWRIGHT, JR. INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: The P. J. Boatwright, Jr. Internship Program was created in 1991 by the USGA to inspire and provide opportunities for qualified individuals interested in a career in golf administration with a particular focus on attracting and developing a diverse pipeline of future leaders, while supporting traditional AGAs that administer USGA core functions and USGA Foundation initiatives.