About the Role
At BMNT, Analysts play an integral role in the consultative process that forms the basis for everything we do for our customers, and they support the entire project lifecycle, including facilitated workshops and product development.
In the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) portfolio, analysts work closely with customers and use Lean Innovation techniques to identify, scope, and solve challenging problems. Analysts derive key insights about DLA’s problems through stakeholder interviews and conduct market research to find potential solutions that DLA can bring to bear. Through their work, analysts play a critical role in shaping the government’s understanding and prioritization of their problems and in the development and implementation of solutions.
We expect Analysts to be cognizant of hidden assumptions, adept at clearly articulating their findings, and steadfast in their search for and awareness of additional needs that may surface from customer engagements, including how to improve BMNT products and services so they continue to drive customer outcomes.
This role in particular requires diligence, as your customers will be making strategic investments based on your work and will rely on your support to successfully deploy solutions. Because of DLA’s scale and mission (they have over 25,000 employees and purchase over $40B in goods annually), the problems you solve easily translate into millions of dollars in savings. Examples of past projects include developing rapid manufacturing capabilities, detecting fraud and outlier transactions, and deploying next-generation cybersecurity capabilities.
Location: Within commuting distance to Arlington, VA; hybrid environment with expectation of being in the office two to three days per week.
What You Will Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Proactively communicating with customers.
- Researching related and relevant industries to find potential solutions from use-cases in the commercial sector.
- Analyzing findings and turning the data into content that customers can easily digest, understand, and use to take meaningful action.
- Developing Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs) and working with stakeholders to help implement solutions.
- Directly supporting the foundational modules of BMNT workshops.
- Exhibiting respectful behavior and following company policies.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders, asking insightful questions and driving to important key takeaways
- Be able to present clear and cogent presentations using PowerPoint or similar applications
- Ability to write and present arguments
- Develop whitepapers outlining projects and market research reports
We Are Looking For:
- Excitement for BMNT’s mission.
- The ability to provide valuable, succinct, and actionable insights to others in written or verbal form from large amounts of information.
- A self-starter with an obsession for outcomes, not activities and history of achievements.
- Humility and a commitment to self-improvement and self-awareness, including proactively seeking and welcoming constructive feedback from colleagues.
- Curiosity and an always-be-learning attitude, including recognizing when help is needed and seeking new ideas or perspectives to accomplish an objective.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize many concurrent tasks.
- The ability to execute and support data-oriented projects.
- 2-5 years of professional experience is the typical level of experience that is a fit for this role, but we're happy to consider candidates with more experience.
- Masters preferred.
- US citizenship.
- **Note: This role requires approximately six to eight weeks of travel per year (about one to two weeks per quarter.)
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.