About the Role
At BMNT, we bring together the most talented people to work on the toughest problems. Our Strategic Development team plays a pivotal role in growing the company and its impact. We do this by positioning BMNT as the partner of choice for public sector innovation, and by creating and carefully selecting the right opportunities to pursue. As a member of this team, you will be accountable for bringing BMNT’s unique capabilities to a much larger set of partners. We’re looking for someone who wants to make the world a better, safer place, and someone who believes deeply in the BMNT way and their ability to take the company to the next level.
- Create qualified opportunities through direct and sustained customer engagement.
- Create and maintain a strategic roadmap for growth in the number of multi-year enterprise programs.
- Leverage existing relationships and establish new ones to shape and scope new business opportunities.
- Identify and qualify potential teaming partners and business relationships that result in the development of winning proposals and the delivery of value to the customer.
- Work closely with contracting officers to craft executable delivery approaches and fair contractual outcomes based on the alignment of interests.
- Translate customer needs and align them to BMNT’s existing products and services.
- Map target organizations to identify and leverage promising entry points.
- Establish trust with customers through an honest, consultative approach to business development by providing support, information, and guidance that is relevant to their challenges and opportunities.
- Consistently gather emerging requirements and market intelligence in order to actively participate in proposal strategies and proposal development
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of specific and successful experience in government business development, especially the Department of Defense and military departments and agencies, with intimate knowledge of and relationships with myriad organizations.
- 5+ years of demonstrated results growing top-of-funnel qualified opportunities and contract awards.
- Demonstrated experience defining and executing strategies to create and close business opportunities with multiple customers.
- Experience in government contracting and an understanding of acquisition mechanisms, including opportunity discovery resources (e.g., SAM, GSA, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the U.S. government ecosystem that enables you to communicate effectively program offices and industry partners.
- Proficient with federal market dynamics, especially solutions and technologies that are “hot” in the market and the price points government customers are buying them.
- Current or former security clearance, and ability to obtain one, a plus.
- Experience taking a small business to the next level a plus.
- Veteran status a plus.
- Well-connected self-starter with obsession for outcomes and the ability to achieve meaningful results with limited supervision, yet also work well as a member of a team.
- Detail oriented, strong sensemaking, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Growth mindset with active listening skills.
- Humility and a commitment to self-improvement and self-awareness.
- US citizen with at least a Bachelor’s degree.
***This position is based in the Washington, DC metro area.***
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.