Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Risk Strategy Analyst at BlueVine, you will apply your expertise in risk management, business intelligence, and data analytics to monitor and enhance the quality of our decisions. You will also contribute to the development of scalable risk strategies. Your responsibilities include driving projects aligned with corporate and business-level OKRs. You will collaborate across functions with operations, risk analytics, business operations, product, and business unit leaders to gain diverse perspectives, gather data for decision-making, and independently analyze potential courses of action.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with cross-functional risk leaders to shape and influence risk strategies within a specific domain.
- Share insights and recommendations with the risk leadership.
- Manage and provide day-to-day support for the risk strategy within a domain.
- Work on portfolio management projects that rely on data-driven insights.
- Enhance existing policies and workflows and assist in establishing a robust, scalable process.
- Develop a monitoring infrastructure for executive-level performance reviews.
- Share insights and recommendations with the Risk Leadership and lead their implementation.
- Drive operational improvements by aligning BlueVine’s product, automation, and Risk Operations.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Strategic and data-driven: Proficiency in making decisions and solving problems based on data. Strong conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a quantitative orientation.
- Sound business judgment and integrity: Demonstrates a solid business sense and brings a balanced, assertive, and responsible approach to business.
- Ability to tackle unstructured problems: Thrives on creating structure in areas with unstructured problems and is unafraid to dig deep into the challenges.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- 5+ years of relevant experience in credit operations, business operations, risk analytics, collections operations/strategy, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Proficiency in SQL is essential.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- A master's degree is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a financial institution or consulting firm.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities