BlueVine is on a mission to empower small businesses with innovative banking designed for them. Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long.
By combining industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care, we help small businesses spend their time on what matters most—the next chapter of their business.
Since 2013, we've provided small and medium-sized businesses with access to more than $5.4 billion in financing. As a top small business banking provider trusted by thousands of small business owners, we're proud to offer a full suite of tailored banking services, including a business checking account, line of credit, and invoice factoring.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, and with offices in Salt Lake City, Jersey City, Tel Aviv, and Karmiel, we're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to help build a better financial future for small business owners.
About the role:
The Legal and Compliance department is leading and supporting many of BlueVine's initiatives and growth. We are looking for a legal counsel in Israel to join our growing team and lead the entire legal operations in Israel. In this Legal Counsel role, you will be reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, Corporate and Commercial, located in New Jersey, but you will serve as the sole and independent legal counsel for the BlueVine subsidiary in Israel. In addition, you will support all of BlueVine Legal activities in the US and work closely and collaboratively with the US Legal and Compliance team and other stakeholders at BlueVine, such as the Marketing team, Finance team, Product team and more.
We’re searching for a passionate lawyer (4-5 years of experience, post internship) in a high-tech company or in a high-tech department of a quality law firm. You are a native English speaker, smart, thorough, diligent, organized, and business oriented. You love working in a fast paced and dynamic international environment. You’re a people’s person and a team player - you care about your work and the business. You enjoy being pro-active; leading, taking responsibility and owning projects from start to finish.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with our product, compliance and marketing teams and external counsels (in Israel and US), advising on all legal aspects of our business.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements, marketing and vendor agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of IP related matters, including open source, and advice on efficient brand management.
- Review and approve marketing collaterals, customer communication and other customer facing content.
- Support corporate governance initiatives, draft and review organizational documents, Board resolutions and Shareholder’s resolutions and support the finance team with equity management.
- Coordinate with the HR function to provide day-to-day proactive employment law counseling, and support resolution of HR and employment legal issues
- Handle a variety of other issues and projects that arise from time to time
What we look for:
- LLB, JD or equivalent and license to practice as a lawyer in Israel or US Bar credentials
- 4+ years of experience in technology transactions, ideally including both private practice and in-house counsel roles
- Experience in Israeli labor & employment law -- not required but an advantage
- Nativ-fluency in English with exemplary verbal and written communication skills; fluency in Hebrew a plus
- Self-motivated with an ability to multi-task and deliver outstanding work product while managing a high volume of assignments with varying priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills