Blue Star Sports is growing! We are looking for a Strategic Account Director to take lead with our most valuable clients to drive confidence, revenue growth and overall account success. In this role, you will develop strong relationships with top executives from our most important clients, connect with key business executives and stakeholders and align with internal revenue, product and operations executives. You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions as well as go-to-market strategy and rollout to exceed revenue targets. Our ideal candidate is able to exceed client expectations, manage cross-functional projects to drive growth, navigate complex situations, and maintain the confidence and trust of our key clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own customer relationships at the top level of some of the largest sport organizations in the world
- Responsible for project rollout, go-to-market strategy and monitoring adoption, engagement and revenue to continuously exceed targets
- Build and maintain robust dashboards to provide transparency and accountability internally to our executive team and externally with the client
- Act as liaison between customer and product / operations teams to ensure that proposed solutions meet requirements, expectations and timelines
- Operate as central point of contact for collaboration with product, development, and onboarding to coordinate and be responsible for successful on-time delivery
- Manage customer relationships and escalations with a focus on solving business problems and creating value through the Blue Star solutions
- Ensure feedback is communicated and leveraged throughout the organization
- Collaborate with the client to create and iterate on go-to-market strategy to drive sales and adoption from the top ranks of the client organization, down to the sub-organizations and millions of end-users of the platform solution.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication with executive level stakeholders
- Strong collaborative problem-solving skills and ability to navigate complex internal and external organizations
- High level of agility and ability to manage change
- Tenacious in the face of challenges – willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to build strong external and internal relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively to define customer solutions
- High standard for solution and process quality
- Ability to self-manage and independently deliver results
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business or related field, OR equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in sales, customer success, account management, and other customer-facing roles
- Large account experience having been the lead on $5m+ sized accounts.
- Proven experience improving customer experience and driving increased customer retention and growth
- Experience managing to key metrics and producing robust dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and effective upsell and churn reduction capabilities
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills
- Highly effective organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Must be able to travel up to 25-30%