Blue Star Sports is looking for a Product Owner to help create products our customers will love. This includes contributing to strategy & vision, leading the product planning process, managing the product backlog, writing and defining user stories, and conducting user research. This full-time role reports to the Director of Product and is based in New York, NY, Denver, CO, or Frisco, TX.
At Blue Star Sports, we value the creativity and skill set of every team member while offering opportunities to influence strategic product decisions, make contributions to all areas of the company, work directly with C-level management, and enjoy a flexible, supportive work/life balance. Most of all, Blue Star Sports aims to promote a diverse and rewarding company culture that values individual professional development as well as team achievement.
- Become an app expert -- answer any question about how something works; help reproduce bugs and usability issues
- Drive tactical planning for one of our development teams -- including project kickoffs, requirements gathering, collaboration with design, story writing, backlog grooming, and ongoing project prioritization and support.
- Actively contribute to strategic planning -- collaborate closely with Product Director and team to identify market requirements and customer needs through customer development research, feedback from sales & support, and data and incorporate learnings into the product roadmap
- Support ongoing cross functional collaboration -- work closely with the sales, support, marketing, analytics to support new product releases and ensure priorities are effectively communicated.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience at a modern web company
- Aptitude for working on complex projects, with an attention to quality and detail
- Quick learner and self-driven, even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Can do attitude – willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenges
- Experienced in managing relationships with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with customers
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary, Company Bonus
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Maternity & paternity leave policies
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Learning & growth opportunities
- Sane work hours and time off when you need it
The 3 books that have the most influence on how we think about our business are:
- Nudge Richard Thaler - an incredible primer on behavioral economics and the psychology of decision making
- Rework 37signals - the new way of running a company
- Lean Startup Eric Ries - the new way to build products that fill a need
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.