Our Blue Star Sports League Product Management team delivers market leading software to youth sports governing bodies, sports associations, and leagues in North America. Delivery of these services requires work coordinated across the organization and multiple development teams. The Product Manager will lead Agile reviews across multiple development teams, manage team backlogs, work with stakeholders, inspire our teams to deliver, and outline a clear vision for future capabilities. This role provides a great opportunity to partner with the technical teams to deliver capabilities to support league directors, association registrars, coaches, referees, parents, and athletes participating in youth sports activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Outline a Product Roadmap: Set a vision/long term strategy for delivery of the key initiatives that fall under your focus area.
- Engage Team and Stakeholders: Work across teams to ensure we are delivering features, capabilities and processes that can be deployed by our technical teams and customers.
- Own Go to Market strategy for key features and product launches
- Own the health of your Product: Track Performance by supporting the development of appropriate metrics and measurables. Proactively look into how to better Blue Star’s product suite.
- Creative Problem Solving: Many of the challenges we face, will not have an obvious solution, it will take creative technical collaboration to create a solution that the industry can adopt.
- Drive and Celebrate the Team: In the agile process, the PM needs to set the vision for a given sprint along with provide both energy and positive pressure so that our teams deliver the features our customers require.
- Embrace the Agile Development process: Work with assigned Agile teams on backlog reviews, daily standups, refinement meetings and sprint complete celebrations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Displays ability to on projects and timelines
- Displays for & to the customer
- Displays through in everything you do
- Displays a commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate
- Ability to manage the overall project including rollout timeline, weekly deliverables, and key gaps or barriers.
- Demonstrate remarkable leadership and communication skills. You should be comfortable representing your team and championing your projects across the organization.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization better facilitate the product rollout.
Able to provide clear requirements and use cases to the development teams around future enhancements.
- Ability to make data driven decisions to drive roadmap items for your assigned product
- Participate in direct client and Blue Star Sports product team discussions to ensure product can be easily deployed and supported.
- Have a passion for youth sports and software product knowledge to ensure Blue Star Sports League Management products are addressing the change needs of our customers and partners.
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed assigned targets and deadlines
- 5+ years of product management experience overseeing technology/software related products, preferably with SaaS products
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- 3+ years experience as being the key decision maker/owner of a product
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Pragmatic Marketing is desirable and candidates with PMC are preferred
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience with customer portals/panels is a plus
- Some travel will be expected (<20%)