Blue Star Sports is looking for a Director of Strategic Projects to be part of our growing team. As Director of Strategic Projects, you will be responsible for driving organization-wide transformation programs through extensive planning, focused execution and strategic decision making, enhance internal operations and enact meaningful change by developing, managing and monitoring cross-departmental projects that drive long-term business value. To make this possible, we desire a team member who can lead projects with timeliness, accountability, and passion. In addition, the DSP owns responsibility for activities like updating weekly Operations reports, liaising with our Private Equity owners and coordinating Board of Director meetings.
In This Role You Will:
- Collaborate with executive management to develop strategies related to enhancing business value and implement the associated changes.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand desired outcome and work toward solutions.
- Own cross functional planning and execution on all acquisition integrations.
- Manage cross functional reporting of all projects and coordinate across resources.
- Create a high degree of accountability across a variety of internally focused projects by ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery
- Prepare and present opportunities and results for review by executive management.
- Maintain project schedules, delegating tasks, identifying task dependencies and designating major due dates.
- Maintain long-term business relations while identifying areas for improvement.
- Evaluate cost and staying within budget boundaries; determining the allocation of funds between projects.
- Assess potential risks and developing solid strategies aimed at overcoming obstacles.
- Act as the main liaison point for a variety of key project.
- Enhance the existing internal project management methodologies and practices.
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred. PMP certification is a plus
- 7 - 10 years of experience in strategy consulting, project management and change management. Systems migration/ implementation experience and familiarity with Lean Six Sigma a plus.
- Ability to identify, scope and manage projects, tasks and risks.
- Ability to create accountability across C-level executives and influence execution without direct authority.
- Methodical and data-driven approach to problem solving, giving the ability to provide practical and efficient solutions.
- Deep experience with software acquisition integrations including financial analysis, systems, and people integrations.
- Excellent communication skills, written expression and comprehension.
- Quality approach to work, with an appreciation for procedures & controls.
- Ability to set and manage personal goals & deadlines and be self-directed.
- Superb organization skills.
- Flexible, highly positive outlook.