Blue Star Sports is growing! Our Strategic Account Manager will develop strong relationships with customers, connect with key business executives and stakeholders and prepare business review reports. You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and improving the entire customer experience. Our ideal candidate is able to identify customer needs and exceed client expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for retaining and growing customer usage and revenue to meet or exceed goals
- Own customer relationships, renewals, and product adoption and expansion
- Provide pre-sales support by working closely with our sales teams to understand and define customer’s key business drivers and requirements
- Partner with customers to align organizational by-laws to the systems requirements necessary to support them.
- Consult with customers to understand and document requirements for software configurations
- Partner with development team to analyze, understand, design and communicate solution implementations with customers
- Act as liaison between customer and development team to ensure that proposed software solutions meet all requirements, ensure they are technically viable and add value to the solutions
- Operate as central point of contact for collaboration with product, development, and onboarding to coordinate and be responsible for successful on-time delivery
- Collaborate with sales teams to build deployment plans for new customers to understand and document customer expectations
- Lead and manage the deployment and adoption of products with key customers and their members
- Participate in a proactive NPS, at risk program, and other initiatives and measures to prevent customer attrition
- Manage customer relationships and escalations with a focus on solving business problems and creating value through the Blue Star solutions
- Drive a seamless customer experience by working cross-functionally with our product and services team to ensure each new customer can quickly adopt and gain value from our solutions
- Ensure customer feedback is communicated and leveraged throughout the organization
- Operate Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication
- Strong collaborative problem solving skills
- High level of agility and ability to manage change
- Tenacious in the face of challenges – willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to build strong external and internal relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively to define customer solutions
- High standard for solution and process quality
- Ability to self-manage and independently deliver results
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business or related field, OR equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in customer success, account management, and other customer-facing roles
- Proven experience improving customer experience and driving increased customer retention and growth
- Experience managing to key metrics
- Strong analytical skills and effective upsell and churn reduction capabilities
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills
- Highly effective organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Must be able to travel up to 25-30%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.