Our Blue Star Sports League Product Management team delivers market leading software to youth sports governing bodies, sports associations, and leagues in North America. Delivery of these services requires work coordinated across the organization and multiple development teams. The Senior Product Manager will lead Agile reviews across a couple of the development teams, manage team backlogs, work with stakeholders, inspire our teams to deliver, and outline a clear vision for future capabilities. This role provides a great opportunity to partner with the technical teams to deliver capabilities to support league directors, association registrars, coaches, referees, parents, and athletes participating in youth sports activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Embrace the Agile Development process: Work with assigned Agile teams on backlog reviews, daily standups, refinement meetings and sprint complete celebrations.
- Outline a Product Roadmap: Set a vision and roadmap for delivery of the key initiatives that fall under your focus area.
- Own the health of your Product: Track Performance by supporting the development of appropriate metrics and measurables
- Engage Team and Stakeholders: Work across teams to ensure we are delivering features, capabilities and processes that can be deployed by our technical teams and customers.
- Creative Problem Solving: Many of the challenges we face, will not have an obvious solution, it will take creative technical collaboration to create a solution that the industry can adopt.
- Drive and Celebrate the Team: In the agile process, the PM needs to set the vision for a given sprint along with provide both energy and positive pressure so that our teams deliver the features our customers require.
- Demonstrate remarkable leadership and communication skills. You should be comfortable representing your team and championing your projects across the organization.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization better facilitate the product rollout.
Able to provide clear requirements and use cases to the development teams around future enhancements.
- Ability to manage the overall project including rollout timeline, weekly deliverables, and key gaps or barriers.
- Ability to make data driven decisions to drive roadmap items for your assigned product
- Participate in direct client and Blue Star Sports product team discussions to ensure product can be easily deployed and supported.
- Have a passion for youth sports and software product knowledge to ensure Blue Star Sports League Management products are addressing the change needs of our customers and partners.
- 4+ years of product management experience overseeing technology/software related products, preferably with SaaS products
- 2+ years experience as being the key decision maker/owner of a product
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Pragmatic Marketing is desirable and candidates with PMC are preferred
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed assigned targets and deadlines
- Experience with customer portals/panels is a plus
- Some travel will be expected (<20%)