Our Cash Analyst will work in a dynamic environment at the Blue Star Sports' headquarters in Frisco, Texas. The role requires knowledge of the Corporate Treasury function. This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a rapidly-growing, private-equity backed portfolio company that does a large volume of M&A and M&A integration activity.
The Cash Analyst will be responsible for consolidating, optimizing, and overseeing the day-to-day cash-management functions for the organization’s 30+ bank accounts, and growing. This includes preparation of all wire and ACH transactions, monitoring of all cash balances, and the preparation of the weekly cash forecast. You will also be responsible for preparing monthly cash reconciliations, and overseeing the Company’s corporate card programs. The Company also has term and revolving debt requiring the calculation and paydown of interest and principal balances. Finally, you will be the functional lead for several critical optimization initiatives, including but not limited to, 1) the consolidation of the Company bank accounts 2) integration of those bank accounts with the Company’s ERP and 3) the setting up of Company lock boxes for Company checks.
The individual must be extremely diligent and organized. We are looking for a motivated self-starter that can work independently with little oversight. The ideal candidate will have great excel skills, excellent judgement, and won’t be intimidated by the demands of a fast-paced startup in a rapid-growth phase.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Preparation and execution of wire and ACH transactions, as well as the maintenance of ACH and wire database
- Maintenance of the Company’s term and revolving debt, including the calculation of interest expense and the paydown of interest and principal balances
- Maintain, close, and add bank accounts as needed; optimize the number of bank accounts across the organization
- Preparation of the weekly cash forecast and other cash-related schedules
- Integrate existing cash functions of newly-acquired entities
- Calculate and prepare the monthly JE for interest on the debt; Quarterly communication with the loan officer to pay interest, principal and manage the resetting of LIBOR or ABR borrowing rates
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations for all cash accounts; identify any transactions that need to be posted by the accounting team.
- Be the project business lead on all optimization initiatives within the treasury function
- Monitor cash balances for all bank accounts across the organization and ensure proper movement of funds to cover pending transactions
- Monitor all corporate cards and help optimize the implementation, tracking and account coding for all corporate credit card expenses across the organization
- Help develop sound internal controls around the corporate treasury function
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years in Corporate Treasury or treasury-related responsibilities in a Corporate accounting function preferred
- Knowledge of cash management and treasury processes
- High-level computer literacy with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with G-Suite a plus
- Skills in process evaluation, process improvement and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent administration, organization and time management skills
- Ability to gather information, evaluate and present recommendations
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to maintain attention to detail under pressure
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and logical decision making with a hands-on approach