About Blue River
Blue River Technology serves the agricultural industry with revolutionary computer-vision and deep learning based equipment. These machines are changing the future of farming by enabling farmers to optimize every plant in their fields. Our technology dramatically reduces the amount of chemicals used, improves farmer profitability, and captures valuable plant-by-plant data.
We have over 80 people on our team who come from diverse backgrounds in robotics, computer vision, machine learning, agriculture and business. As a pioneer in the space we have designed and deployed See & Spray machines that apply pesticide only where needed, reducing herbicide use by 90%.
John Deere & Company, who brings 180 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and distributing innovative products to farmers, recently acquired Blue River Technology as an independently-run subsidiary. This partnership will greatly expand the breadth of our team's innovations, reduce risk, and accelerate our joint vision for the future of farming.
Blue River Technology is based in Sunnyvale, CA.
We are looking for a highly skilled and energetic person to play a key role in improving and
supporting our revolutionary robotic and vision-based systems for agriculture. You will be joining a world-class research and engineering team to provide critical skills in improving existing systems and pushing the boundaries of this technology. We provide a high degree of autonomy - you will have the opportunity to influence the development and implementation of our world changing products. The role will include work in the following areas:
- Implementing deep-learning-based classification systems for identifying, characterizing, and
- Exploring and developing new methods for improving detection performance and increasing the speed of processing
- Working with internal customers to develop machine learning pipelines for computer vision based classification tasks
- Helping to architect and develop the data pipeline and platform supporting machine learning
- Team leading duties and guidance for other members of the machine learning group
The position will be based at our company headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Vision or Machine Learning, with focus on Deep Learning and machine vision applications
- 5+ years developing algorithms and solving problems in computer vision and machine learning
- 5+ years in developing machine learning systems, with extensive experience on deep learning systems
- Demonstrated ability deploying machine learning systems to solve real-world problems
- Advanced proficiency in C++, Python, or related tools and system SW architecture
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and teaming skills
- Ability to provide technical leadership for machine learning engineers
- Passion to solve difficult problems
- Experience in implementing and improving deep learning systems and moving to real-time processing on embedded hardware
- In-depth knowledge of deep learning frameworks including Tensorflow, PyTorch, MxNet, Caffe, Caffe2
- Hands-on work on managing and doing GPU-based computing on large data sets
- Leadership or management experience
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.