Blueprint is an early-stage, venture-backed mental health startup based in Chicago. Despite mental health disorders affecting 1 out of 5 people in the U.S., mental healthcare is broken for most patients. Research shows that less than half of patients with depression reach remission after 5 months of treatment. You can’t fix what you don’t measure...and in mental healthcare, most clinicians are not measuring. Our platform automatically collects patient data and measures patient outcomes, which empowers clinicians to deliver twice as effective care and double their profit margin through new reimbursement revenue streams.
Since our inception in 2019, we've grown significantly. We've raised venture-funding from notable institutional and angel investors across the country and are now live in 26 states with tens of thousands of patients on Blueprint. We're a small scrappy team, each of us uniquely passionate about building the future of mental healthcare. We're driven by the impact we have on clinicians and patients using the platform we create. Hear from one of these clinicians about how Blueprint is positively impacting patient lives.
About the role
As our first Product Manager, you'll be responsible for the needs of patients, clinics, and the business itself, and balancing those needs against feature development and our roadmap. You'll be in charge of what we build, what we don't build, and how it works. These decisions will be based on internal and external conversations to begin with, and in the future, from UX researchers. You'll have a direct impact on our product on a daily basis and you'll touch nearly all aspects of the product. This includes our clinical portal, patient applications, internal tooling, and more. Your work will highly impact the state of the product and our company as a whole. You'll also have the opportunity to help shape the culture, values, and processes of our product department as it grows to meet the needs of the business.
What You’ll Do...
- Lead the ideation, implementation, and launch of innovative products
- Drive product development with Blueprint's engineers and designers
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Have a deep understanding of the problems that clinics/clinicians/patients are facing
- Serve as the clinic and patient's voice within the organization
- Establish the direction and vision of the product
- Convince stakeholders of your decisions
- Set and adjust the roadmap
- Coordinating the requirements for features to designers
- Shepherd features through design, coordinating tweaks and adjustments
- Ensure a smooth handoff of features to engineering
- Create proper documentation for all new features and product updates
- Communicate new features and updates, both internally and to clinicians and patients
What You Bring...
- 2+ years of product management experience as part of a technology company building software
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills - you have the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple, easy to understand ways
- Strong product strategy and product vision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative field
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence
- Data-driven product approach and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Shipped creative and highly successful consumer or B2B tech products; involved in process end-to-end
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Direct experience in UX/UI design is a plus, but not required
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus, but not required
If you join our team, you'll get...
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible vacation days, sick days, and work from home days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc...) allowance
At Blueprint, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Blueprint believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.