Blue Meridian Partners is a pioneering philanthropic model for finding and funding scalable solutions to the problems that limit economic mobility and trap America’s young people and families in poverty.
We know solutions exist, but even the most promising strategies cannot reach far enough, fast enough without significant, long-term investment. We bring an innovative, investor mindset backed by a decades-long track record to the pursuit of upward economic mobility for individuals and communities. Core to our mission is addressing systemic inequities and the injustices they create. By pooling resources, our Partners can unlock substantial philanthropic capital and invest effectively and efficiently.
Anchored by our carefully tested, performance-based investing approach, Blue Meridian makes strategic, long-term investments across multiple portfolios aimed at boosting economic mobility from cradle to career. We support both nationwide and place-based strategies in order to amplify impact across the country as well as within specific communities. We identify visionary social sector leaders who address key drivers of poverty – including youth unemployment, unplanned pregnancy, and engagement with the criminal justice system – and invest the flexible, upfront capital they need to dream bigger and exponentially expand their reach, influence, and impact.
We are constantly learning, exploring, and seeking out new collaborations in relentless pursuit of creating lasting impact at scale that can change the life trajectories of millions of young people and families in America. Blue Meridian is staffed by an experienced team of results-focused leaders and we welcome other mission-driven champions to join us.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Branding & Communications while also receiving direction from other leaders, the Associate manages and coordinates communications activities that support Blue Meridian’s ongoing communications and brand-building. They will also assist and lead other projects as assigned.
NYC or Greater Washington D.C. metro areas preferred, hybrid working arrangement allowed
For consideration, please submit a thoughtful cover letter discussing what attracts you specifically to Blue Meridian's mission and resume detailing your relevant experiences.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a point of contact for a subset of the communications staff of Blue Meridian investees, and provide relationship management support including supporting the review of press releases, external memos, and other materials in which Blue Meridian is referenced, and sharing requests for information or participation on behalf of Blue Meridian.
- Support the creation and maintenance of internal and external collateral which includes investment reference sheets and event management trackers, memos, presentations, reports, website blurbs, and talking points.
- Manage assigned projects, and capture notes and feedback throughout meetings and debriefs.
- Working with a variety of staff members and external consultants, support projects around public-facing communications initiatives, including tracking activities and deliverables, monitoring media activity, and developing draft content.
- Support the workflow management of the Branding & Communications team, including reporting status information of current projects on a regular basis, acting as an internal expert for our project management system, seeking opportunities to optimize, and leading sub-projects to support utilization and prioritization.
- Proofread and edit a variety of content prior to dissemination and as otherwise needed.
- Aligned with Blue Meridian’s mission and core values.
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience) and at least three years of hands-on experience in project management and professional experience in the field of communications, including developing and/or implementing communications plans and producing publications and reports.
- Perspective from direct experience living or working in communities with significant low income or otherwise disenfranchised peoples preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills including the ability to draft presentations, letters and memoranda; synthesize a large amount of material into briefer documents, compose clear, succinct emails; and proofread materials.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including a very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fluid, dynamic environment, and to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced organization while remaining focused on a project’s goals and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong computer skills, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint but especially with Word and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of project management software including Asana, Monday.com, Trello, or others, and the ability to master new software quickly, as needed.
- Sound judgment, ability to use discretion and keep matters confidential, listen well, and be objective.
- Comfort level with working independently and as part of a collaborative team via a hybrid working structure, ability to participate in ongoing Zoom calls and join on occasion in-person meetings in New York and Washington D.C.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Blue Meridian Partners is committed to equal employment opportunity, without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, prior record of arrest or conviction, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, and termination.
 This position description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of Blue Meridian Partners at the sole discretion of management.