Blue Meridian Partners is a pioneering philanthropic model for finding and funding scalable solutions to the problems that limit economic mobility and trap America’s young people and families in poverty.
We know solutions exist, but even the most promising strategies cannot reach far enough, fast enough without significant, long-term investment. We bring an innovative, investor mindset backed by a decades-long track record to the pursuit of upward economic mobility for individuals and communities. Core to our mission is addressing systemic inequities and the injustices they create. By pooling resources, our Partners can unlock substantial philanthropic capital and invest effectively and efficiently.
Anchored by our carefully tested, performance-based investing approach, Blue Meridian makes strategic, long-term investments across multiple portfolios aimed at boosting economic mobility from cradle to career. We support both nationwide and place-based strategies in order to amplify impact across the country as well as within specific communities. We identify visionary social sector leaders who address key drivers of poverty – including youth unemployment, unplanned pregnancy, and engagement with the criminal justice system – and invest the flexible, upfront capital they need to dream bigger and exponentially expand their reach, influence, and impact.
We are constantly learning, exploring, and seeking out new collaborations in relentless pursuit of creating lasting impact at scale that can change the life trajectories of millions of young people and families in America. Blue Meridian is staffed by an experienced team of results-focused leaders and we welcome other mission-driven champions to join us.
Reporting to the Chief Strategic Development Officer and Chief Governance Officer (CSDO) while also receiving guidance and input from other senior leaders, the MD/Senior Director is responsible for helping to shape Blue Meridian’s strategy for fund raising and engaging current and prospective Partners and other investors. The MD/Senior Director will have day-to-day operational responsibility for the implementation of the fund-raising and prospective and current investor engagement strategies.
New York City preferred
For consideration, please submit a thoughtful cover letter discussing what attracts you specifically to Blue Meridian's mission and resume detailing your relevant experiences.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the ongoing development of the fundraising strategy and approach, working with the CSDO, CEO and other senior leaders.
- Coordinate fundraising activities across multiple funds / portfolios.
- Undertake market analysis to identify prospective investors. Develop opportunities for introductions.
- Build and manage a pipeline of investor opportunities.
- Organize and run the fundraising team meetings and ensure timely follow-up on actions.
- With the Finance team, help structure deals and agreements and track commitments.
- Ensure appropriate communications materials are developed / revised for Partner and prospect meetings, working closely with the Branding and Communications team.
- Cultivate funding opportunities as appropriate and in conjunction with the CSDO and CEO.
- Ensure senior leaders are briefed ahead of Partner and prospect meetings, and attend meetings as appropriate.
- Working closely with the CSDO, CEO and the Branding and Communications team develop and execute a strategy to engage existing investors through events, communications and other experiences.
- Strategically sequence, plan, and organize the work required to successfully deliver on Board, Board committee, General Partner, Impact Partner, and Co-sponsor (“Board and investor”) meetings.
- Work with the CEO, CSDO/CGO, and other senior leaders to strategically create and manage processes for Partner and Board meetings and interaction, including meeting agendas, minutes, and investor materials.
- Develop and oversee a process for the timely preparation, review, and distribution of investor meeting materials well in advance and communicate to all parties involved. Drive the timeline for materials production to be aligned with workflows and internal decision-making.
- Ensure effective communication between the Investor Relations team and other teams, especially the Portfolio Strategy and Management team and senior leaders, to define requirements, manage updates and develop delivery plans for all investor-related materials.
- Ensure effective and strategic calendar management of multiple investment decision making across all Co-sponsored portfolios in relationship to investor meeting dates, capital calls, and other decision-making needs.
- Working closely with the Branding and Communications team, oversee the ongoing development and management of the online platforms, chiefly the “Partners’ Portal”, to provide Board members and Partners quick, user-friendly access to relevant materials and information.
- Oversee record keeping for all investor-related documents electronically and in-print as required by the document retention policy.
- Oversee the logistics required for meetings including oversight of all material production, technology needs and space (for in-person meetings).
- Supervise and develop more junior staff.
- Aligned with Blue Meridian’s mission and core values.
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience) and at least 20 years (Managing Director) / 15 years (Senior Director) of hands-on experience in investor relations is required.
- Experience in strategic philanthropy and / or investor relations in financial services interacting with high profile stakeholders is desirable.
- Perspective from direct experience living or working in communities with significant low income or otherwise disenfranchised peoples desirable.
- Exceptional written communications skills including the ability to draft presentations, letters and memoranda; synthesize a large amount of material into briefer documents, compose clear, succinct emails and reports; and proofread materials.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, including a very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fluid, dynamic environment.
- Experience structuring investor deals and agreements highly desirable.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, able to balance a meticulous and highly rigorous professional approach with a flexible and empathetic responsiveness to the needs of others. While skilled at thinking and working independently and advocating own point of view, respects and solicits the contributions of others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with and lead people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to use and show discretion, make sometimes difficult decisions independently, an effectively solve problems.
- Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to master new software quickly. Experience with content management system (CRM) highly desirable.
- Willing to travel as needed.
Blue Meridian Partners is committed to equal employment opportunity, without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, prior record of arrest or conviction, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, and termination.
 Note: This description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and working conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of Blue Meridian Partners at the sole discretion of management.