Why you’re here:
You enjoy building relationships and being a part of fast-paced, exciting, and impactful data initiatives, but the work-life balance of a typical business development role is wearing you out.
Why we’re here:
BlueGranite is an exclusive Microsoft partner, specializing in designing and building modern data solutions using Azure data services. We’re passionate about solving challenging data and analytics problems for our clients, and demand is strong!
Our partnership with Microsoft affords us the opportunity to jointly go to market, and we are growing our footprint in the eastern US mid-market segment. We drive cloud-based data & analytics implementations for organizations across a wide scope of industries, and we’re looking for active account management and business development team members interested in building a portfolio of accounts as we expand our engagement across the segment and region.
If this sounds like you, you sound like us:
• We’re data people, top to bottom
• We treat each other with respect, driven by transparency & accountability
• We succeed when our clients succeed
• Being surrounded by experts helps us do our best work
• We bring a growth mindset with a flexible, can-do attitude
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years professional experience*, including work in the I.T. industry related to sales, business development, or account management
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, data analytics, and related project-based consulting services
- Knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies such as SQL Server, Azure data services, and Power BI
- Experience with maintaining client and sales pipeline data accurately in a CRM
- Ability to align data innovation with business value for clients in various industries
- Identify key issues and concerns, understand impact to the business, and build a path forward with potential clients
- Ability to translate between technical and business objectives
- Interest and capability in building ‘trusted advisor’ relationships within both business and IT
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field
- Experience utilizing a sales framework or methodology such as Let's Get Real, or Challenger Sale
- Willingness to learn and grow quickly on the job
- Commitment to continuously improving your knowledge and skills
Fully Remote - desire and ability to work remote, but not alone – with a team filled top to bottom with data analytics professionals
*We are considering a range of mid to senior candidates, with responsibility and compensation commensurate on experience.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with clients and prospects in collaboration with our pre-sales engineers and Microsoft field sales teams
- Write proposals and managing the “Statement of Work” process with pre-sales engineers
- Execute go-to-market campaigns and strategies for building and nurturing new accounts
- Connect with and qualify inbound and partner-driven leads
- Manage/own a set of account, contacts, and deal records in our CRM
- Build relationships with Microsoft field sellers and other partners
- Set quarterly objectives and track progress of key results that support our vision and strategy
- Provide insights to our operations and leadership teams on what's working, and what's not, to help us continuously improve
What we provide:
A full-time, salaried position with an annual bonus that is based on team goals related to marketing, sales, and revenue performance without telemarketing or cold calling. Oh, and a world-class, award-winning delivery team focused on modern analytics solutions in Azure!
BlueGranite has been operating fully remote for well over a decade, with limited travel on site to various client locations and partner events (think 15-25% in a non-pandemic climate). In our remote environment, we balance the desire for team collaboration and need to hunker down and get work done.
We have openings for a range of experience for our Account Leads, from mid-career to veterans. We know that compensation and benefits are important in making any position compelling, and we work continuously to provide for our team... but we take even more pride in the team and culture we have built.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401k retirement plan plus company match
- Paid parental leave, flexible work schedules and vacation time & PTO
- Up front and ongoing monthly stipend for home office equipment and connectivity
Other important details:
Even though we work remotely across the U.S., we're registered as a business in twenty-two specific states, for tax purposes, workers comp, and other details. In short, coupled with the East US focus for this position, we're only able to hire U.S. based applicants currently residing (or able to relocate prior to starting) in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia.
If we’ve piqued your interest, let’s figure out if your career is headed in BlueGranite’s direction!
Please note that we are not able to provide sponsorship for student or other employment work visas at this time.
Think you’re the candidate for us? Apply today to get the ball rolling on your new career - we look forward to meeting you!