Are you a technology program manager super star? Have you worked in the battery, fuel cell, solar, semiconductor, or related industries? Are you hungry for a role where you will have an immediate impact across the company and industry? Batteries are the single most critical part of the new energy economy for EVs, grid storage, and consumer devices. Blue Current has developed a fully dry solid-state “silicon elastic composite” battery system that exceeds the best in the industry. The company is well funded and has a deep IP portfolio with dozens of patents granted and pending. Now we need you to drive the next level of execution in the business.
As senior program manager you will be the first program lead at Blue Current and primary owner of the timeline and cross-functional collaborative process to deliver Blue Current’s solid-state battery technology. You will partner with R&D, advanced manufacturing and business teams responsible for developing, building and taking Blue Current’s solid-state battery technology to market. A background working with materials, chemical and mechanical engineering, and process manufacturing are preferred. This position will offer hands-on, fast paced work on a growing team that has a shared passion to build the new energy economy.
- Work with R&D, manufacturing, and product teams to deliver on a single vision and cross-functional roadmap for the company
- Drive a combination of traditional long-term planning with fast action agile / scrum style execution with the teams
- Own the program management tech stack and build process discipline and guide alignment between roadmap commitments and deliverables
- Coach and work with the teams to provide clear and concise customer driven inputs to keep programs on track
- Coordinate and facilitate alignment meetings by ensuring they are conducted on a defined cadence and with a set agenda
- Escalate quickly and often when programs are missing their targets
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 5+ years of experience as a program manager in process manufacturing industry
- Expert user of program management tools like Asana, Confluence, Jira MS Project or similar
- Demonstrated ability to align team activities and drive critical path analyses and scheduling program tasks across teams
Location: Hayward, California
About Blue Current
Blue Current is a manufacturer of Solid-state batteries based in Hayward, California. The company strives to provide engineers and designers with the highest performance and safest battery storage for the future energy economy including electric vehicles, grid storage and consumer devices. Blue Current leads with science, data and thoughtful IP across the full battery solution stack. Our team is diverse with deep research, implementation, and go-to-market experience. Our facility is located on San Francisco Bay with thousands of acres of wildlife preserve and miles of trails for recreation.
Blue Current is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.