ABOUT THE NEST
The nest is a place where every role has meaning, every team member is respected, and every day is a chance to fly higher. When you join bluebird bio, you're not just landing a new gig, you become part of a flock that's pursuing curative gene therapies to give patients and their families more bluebird days. We are doers, thinkers and collaborators who embrace and live by our values:
- Persist for Purpose
- Be Compassionate
- Stay humble and curious
- Keep it real
- Celebrate (sm)all wins
Our innovation is rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the integration of multiple viewpoints. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
To achieve our goals for successful commercialization across our portfolio (ZYNTEGLO, betibeglogene autotemcel, and SKYSONA, elivaldogene autotemcel) and future launches (lovotibeglogene autotemcel in Sickle Cell Disease), we are expanding the marketing organization with the creation of a new position: Associate Director, Qualified Treatment Center (QTC) Marketing. You will report to the Senior Director, Marketing and be an integral role on the marketing team, having ownership of marketing strategy for QTCs and ensuring high-quality, consistent communication between bluebird bio customer facing teams and QTCs. You will work closely across multiple internal and external stakeholders to lead an integrated communication approach.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
You’ll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Developing an aligned marketing strategy for Qualified Treatment Centers (QTCs) in partnership with the QTC Engagement Strategy Lead and Brand teams with the goal of delivering on brand strategy and effective and consistent messaging at the QTC level. This strategy will be a cornerstone of our approach in engaging with QTC cross-functionally.
- Leading the execution of the QTC marketing strategy including driving the development of portfolio and brand-specific QTC-facing resources
- Partnering with cross-functional teams (QTC Engagement Strategy, Sales, Market Access, Patient Supply, Training and Medical Affairs) in development of QTC-facing resources for use by multiple field teams including Qualified Treatment Account Leads, Apheresis Operations and Provider Access Leads.
- Working with internal and external partners to identify key strategic insights from QTC Stakeholders and integrate learnings into brand strategies and activities.
- Contributing to brand initiatives across the portfolio to ensure QTC stakeholder needs are represented and integrated within critical success factors and key imperatives.
- Managing agency partners, including timelines, budgets and resources while championing promotional materials through the medical, regulatory, legal review process and integrating feedback accordingly to ensure compliant execution.
- Bringing a customer and QTC-centric mindset to all that you do.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA, or advanced degree, preferred but not necessary
- 7+ years in commercial biopharma space (can include market insights, sales, marketing, etc) with 4+ years’ experience in a biotech marketing role, preferably in rare disease (specifically Hematology, Hematology/Oncology or Stem Cell/Bone Marrow Transplant)
- Cell and Gene Therapy experience a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing to hospital/institutional stakeholders
- Experience in high science, competitive market, required
- Product launch experience preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills, demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
Preference for this role to be hybrid (Somerville, MA), however remote candidates within the U.S. will also be considered.
Travel: as required by business. 20-25% if local, and up to 40% if remote. Occasional weekends for Medical Congresses, Advisory Boards, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a total compensation and rewards package that ranks among the best in our industry. Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The anticipated annualized salary range for this role is $168,475 - $196,625. Your base pay will be determined based on several factors including market data, demonstrated skills, relevant education or training, experience, qualifications, internal equity, and travel requirements. Our overall package also includes eligibility for stock, incentive bonuses, and benefit programs, a flexible time off program, as well as paid holidays, bluebird days, and a holiday shutdown in December.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.