ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Oncology Research flock is passionate about developing best-in-class T cell therapies that deliver new hope for patients with cancer. Whether we are transforming the field of immuno-oncology, or finding new ways to iterate and improve, we are driven by a personal commitment to changing the lives of our patients. Our Molecular Immunology group is focused on developing the optimal architectures for complex CAR and TCR therapies and unlocking new ideas with high throughput screening and novel CAR development assays. We are inventing new technologies, exploring new hypotheses, sculpting new molecules, finding pioneering academic and industry collaborators, and we are ALL IN on integrating this matrix of science and data into cancer-busting product concepts. Come work with a tenacious group of birds that loves rising to the challenge as much as we love sharing data, cheering each other on, and championing our science!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Senior Scientist reporting to a Director of Oncology research, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Identify new targets & applications suitable for implementing bluebird bio’s regulated CAR platform
- Design and execute on cross-functional preclinical data packages to move novel CAR targets and designs towards the clinic.
- Think creatively and outside the box for new ideas on overcoming antigen escape, T cell exhaustion and tumor relapse in solid and hematopoietic tumor settings
- Contributing to new technology assessment, in-sourcing, and implementation
- Analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data at working groups and departmental seminars, with opportunities to present work at national conferences
- Be an active and critical contributor in group discussions and project development meetings
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or a related discipline. More than 5 years of post-graduate experience required
- A very strong bench skill set with experience in cloning, flow cytometry, primary cell culture, MSD and experience with virus handling.
- Proven ability to manage direct reports or a small team
- Excellent communications skills and ability to manage and communicate projects needs to internal and external collaborators
- You pride yourself on getting experiments done, thinking creatively about scientific problems and figuring how to reach out to other groups to answer a question
- Very organized and diligent in experimental design, execution, and reporting
- You will succeed by always looking to incorporate new ideas and experimental approaches to improve our CAR analysis workflow.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.