ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Global Facilities and Cambridge Site Facility Lead will have operational managerial oversight for facilities at all bluebird (2seventy) bio locations as well day-to-day facilities responsibility of the Cambridge site, including both laboratory and office spaces. This position has the overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed and well-maintained facilities and labs, placing maximum emphasis on leading a team in the positive response to the concerns and needs of employees, environmental health and safety, and quality programs. "• Has complete responsibility and oversight of facilities, office and lab operations, ensuring that all services are effectively delivered and facility/lab needs are met. Ensures team implements and provides these services in a manner consistent with bluebird (2seventy) bio’s culture.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a facilities bird reporting to SVP, Quality, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leads the facility, office and lab team in the supervision of day-to-day activities as well as major projects and initiatives at Cambridge.
• Develops strategies to effectively support and scale the operations organization globally.
• Proactively communicates with lab and office-based employees to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
• Supervise security and environmental health and safety efforts globally.
• Identifies and implements continuous improvement process to enable bluebird (2seventy) bio to scale with our growth and effectively manage all aspects of facility operations.
• Identifies and implements standardized/best practice processes that create maximum efficiencies.
• Develops performance measurements for internal benchmarking across all bluebird (2seventy) bio sites.
• Works closely with the Building Services and Lab Services teams to facilitate communication between Operations, Facilities, Safety, shipping and receiving, hazardous waste management, and all lab members and interfaces with all parties on a regular basis.
• Oversees facility-related vendor relationships and real estate agreements for Cambridge.
• Monitors, communicates and enforces safety requirements in partnership with safety vendor and site safety committees.
• Submit and track permits, documents and other required documentation for the Cambridge site.
• Enforces processes and introduces new ways to help lab function more efficiently.
• Interfaces with Seattle and bRT colleagues on all operational issues including purchasing, lab maintenance, best practices, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- 15+ years’ experience in lab & facilities management
• BS or MS in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, or related fields preferred
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to manage internal customer relationships with an emphasis on excellent customer service
• Excellent management skills with a passion for growing and developing teams.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills to balance working on multiple projects in parallel.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Possesses strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, process and detail oriented
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.