ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Analytical Operations (AO) flock is all about working collaboratively and getting the stuff done. Whether it’s testing samples to support our partner teams, lifecycle management of methods, or supporting tech transfers and investigations, we are driven by the ultimate goal of delivering therapies that transform the lives of patients. Come work with a talented, dedicated, and compassionate group of birds that loves rising to the challenge as much as we enjoy collaborating with a team of likeminded scientists!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Analytical Operations Oncology bird reporting to the Senior Manager, Early Phase Testing, Analytical Development, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Performing lot release testing for LVV-based gene and cell (CAR T/TCR) therapy programs using established cell-based Immunoassays with a focus on Flow Cytometry readouts.
- Running enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA).
- Performing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) based methodologies.
Conducting data verification
- Authoring analytical test methods/protocols and reports.
- Observing best practices for Flow Cytometry, Cell-based Immunoassays, ELISA and PCR and all other assigned assays.
- Working within the Analytical Development team to support their analytical needs in regard to Flow Cytometry based Immunoassays, ELISA and PCR based assays, including optimization of those methods.
- Communicating scientific data and concepts effectively through presentations, protocols, test methods and reports.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Have a BS in Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- 2+ years of cell culture and Flow Cytometry experience required.
- Proficiency with enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) required
- Experience with PCR-based assays preferred
- Experience executing methods in a GMP or CLIA laboratory setting a strong plus
- Have excellent organizational, analytical, communication and scientific writing skills
- Are a highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Are a creative thinker with ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, thrive in a cross-functional environment and drive projects to successful outcomes
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.