ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Senior People Partner - Oncology
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The people and culture flock is all about spending our days finding, developing and engaging a stellar group of scientists, accountants, program managers, regulatory experts and other flocking awesome birds. Our mission is to preserve and grow bluebird’s amazing culture! We do this by keeping our patients front of mind, hiring the best for the nest and creating solutions to take our people and teams from good to great. We are responsive but not reactive and truly care about the impact we make on the lives of others.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a people partner bird, reporting to Director, People Partner, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by being a champion of bluebird’s culture and values and partnering with our business leaders to help them reach their goals. Your day may start off coaching a leader, shift to resolving a people issue and end with helping to develop a program that helps grow our teams. No matter what, you are exceptionally focused on putting people first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help our teams be successful at bluebird. We seek a creative and influential thought leader who is able to balance the need to be a strategic partner with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and that will be responsible for:
- Providing thought leadership on organizational design and people-related strategy and execution
- Identifying, developing and delivering on initiatives to sustain overall org health and healthy cross functional team dynamics
- Helping to align programs and objectives with our core values
- Working with business teams and people managers to coach, guide and support on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex org and talent issues
- Successfully assess future organizational needs by driving broad scaling efforts for our function and the business
- Communicating needs proactively with our HR team and business groups to seek to develop integrated solutions
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8-10+ years of progressive HR experience in fast paced dynamic and high growth environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to appropriately navigate multi-faceted and complex issues.
- Considers broad and long-range impact of people decisions when responding to business needs.
- Anticipates and proactively manages key internal and external business challenges, offering several solutions with long term benefits.
- Strong communicator and excellent influencer with ability to flex approach as needed to drive solutions.
- Provides expertise in the following areas: organization design and planning, talent management, coaching, and employee relations,.
- Strong project management skills desired.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.