ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic, collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. We seek an energetic and goal-oriented candidate looking to become a Quality Control professional within the Quality Sciences and Analytical Technology team. The candidate will support the lifecycle of critical reagents required for in-process, release and stability testing of autologous stem cell drug products.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Quality Control bird, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Support critical reagent activities including procurement, qualification, re-evaluation and management of critical reagents required for QC method performance
- Author/review protocols and reports to support critical reagent qualification and re-evaluation
- Perform review and analysis of data to support critical reagent qualification/re-evaluation as well as method monitoring
- Support inventory management of critical reagents across the QC network
- Support cGMP laboratory investigations related to critical reagent performance
- Own quality systems including change controls, CAPAs and deviations, as applicable
- Coordinate activities for critical reagent preparation (pooling/aliquoting) and material shipments
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Candidate should possess a BS and have 1-2 years of experience in a biotechnology discipline
- Must have experience within a QC or AD function
- Must have proficiency statistical analysis using JMP/ Prism or Microsoft Excel
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Experience in performing analytical, molecular or cell-based methods are a plus
- Passionate about working to critical unmet medical needs of patients
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direction in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.