ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Durham flock, aka bRT, is all about getting stuff done and collaborating to make treatments a reality for patients. Whether it's supplying clinical and commercial vector or improving our processes to make them more robust and efficient, we are driven to be there for our patients when they need us. Come fly with a dynamic and innovative group of birds that love rising to the challenge as much as we love coming together to improve our community and the lives of patients that we serve.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Site Head, reporting to the SVP Technical Development and Operations, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Through meaningful career development planning, challenging assignments, and ongoing coaching, invest in creating the next generation of inclusive leaders and diverse teams at bluebird bio
- Partner with the Site Quality Head to refine systems and oversee operations related to GMP vector manufacturing at the site. The scope of manufacturing includes bulk LVV and aseptic final fill.
- SAFETY: In compliance with all state and local requirements, create a culture where potential safety hazards are identified/shared and effective actions are implemented; Drive a zero-injury mindset at every level in the organization
- QUALITY: Embed the highest standards of compliance with our quality systems into the site’s day-to-day activities and reliably deliver positive outcomes from interactions with world-wide health authorities.
- SUPPLY: Refine the operating model for the site, oversee capacity planning, and deliver on-time and in-full manufacturing and disposition of batches.
- STRATEGY and COST: Successfully perform technology transfers consistent with bluebird bio’s overall manufacturing strategy and achieve continuous process improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors with 20+ years of industry experience that includes significant leadership experience in biologics or vaccine manufacturing and preferably, experience with viral vectors
- Strong understanding of cGMPs with extensive regulatory inspection experience is a must.
- Must be skilled at, and committed to, the development of other team members
- Track record of inspiring and building high performing, diverse, inclusive, and sustainable teams
- Experience with both commercial and clinical manufacturing is expected.
- Should have excellent organizational skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be willing to have a flexible schedule to support 24x7 manufacturing activities. Travel is expected to be approximately 10%.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.