ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Bluebird bio is seeking an experienced and professional Executive Assistant to support members of our Executive Leadership team. The position is part of a dynamic team and serves as a key member and resource for our teams, working in close partnership with our admin team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a team player, organized and attention to detail, have excellent multi-tasking skills and a great sense of humor.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Executive Assistant bird you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Manage complex and demanding calendars proactively and ability to resolve conflicts, coordinating with rest of the admin team as well as external partners where needed
- Make travel arrangements, obtains appropriate travel documentation and process expense reports on a timely basis
- Coordinate and attend team leadership meetings as needed; proactively manages agendas and necessary materials, coordinates logistics, take minutes and captures action items
- Coordinate team functions or events, including room bookings, meals, etc.
- Responsible for monthly team newsletter to keep our global team engaged and informed
- Prepare and process vendor contracts and purchase requisitions, oversees open purchase order status
- Prepare data for presentations as needed
- Ensure the confidentiality of all reports, correspondence, materials, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned and seeks out opportunities to support assigned executives team as bandwidth allows
- Engage and partner with the broader administrative team to identify best practices and opportunities for improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have 5-8 years of experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of computer software including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), One Note, SharePoint.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership to job responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, take initiative, anticipate Executive needs and respond appropriately
- Strong Ability to effectively prioritize, maintain focus and execute tasks in a fast-pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and assume responsibility without direct supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues
- Brings a positive energy and learning aptitude to the team
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.