ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative Information Technology team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong skills in IT network & operations. The Manufacturing Technology Network/Operations Engineer utilizes a diverse knowledge of manufacturing & control system network specifications, design, and industry best practices to provide technical support and management of the infrastructure at the bRT site.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for site Office/Process/Operational Technology network & Infrastructure
- Develops, maintains, and monitors procedures for all automation / control system backups and maintenance
- Monitors and maintains Automation control systems (servers, networks, controllers, printers, operating systems, application software)
- Provides technical support for manufacturing operations and support networked industrial control systems, equipment, and
- Specifies, designs, programs, and documents site related Office/Process,control network architecture modifications following global IT Operations standards
- Ensures Integration of Process/Operational Technology Network systems and devices into the automation / process control systems network
- Initiates IT and Quality change management for site level Office/Process/Operational Technology Network
- Provides input to and execution of long range site level Process network strategy
- Performs systems network assets lifecycle analysis for local Systems solutions deployed at the site
- Interfaces with various vendors to oversee the installation and troubleshooting of network cabling and associated hardware
- Designs, implements, troubleshoots, and maintains resilient Office/Process/Operational Technology network
- Provides technical support for weekend/off-shift coverage as needed
- Develops Industrial Process/Operational Technology Network standards and specifications
- Maintains accurate networking drawings and ensures specifications are current following global IT Operation s standards
- Reviews capital project scope level networking requirements and network design/specifications
- Provides network support for local network/infrastructure issues that arise which are beyond the scope of local support
- Monitors site level Process Control System/Operational Technology Network asset health and performance by utilizing network management tools and systems
- Assists Global IT Security with local network threat vector activity communication & mitigation.
- Maintains and ensures backup of asset configurations
- Manages, deploys and ensures set-up of Process Control System/ Operational Technology VMs
- Reviews network architecture standards and security practices
- Understands and applies knowledge of Process Control System/Operational Technology Network Cyber Security practices and appliances such as patch deployment, anti-virus, Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), backup and disaster
- Configures and deploys network hardware including routers, switches and security appliances in a manufacturing environment
- Specifies and implements standard operating system workstations, and server operating system software builds and hardware
- Communicates/updates the Site Leadership Team regarding strategic plans and relevant issues regarding the Process/Operational Technology Network
- Maintains customer Solves Process/Operational Technology networking issues working alone or in a team environment.
- Stays current with industry trends/hardware, software, and methods. This includes informing other team members on changes and problems as it affects products, services and customer
- Continuing education/staying current with Process/Operational Technology Network designs/standards
- Develop relationships with site and corporate IT network clients to improve collaboration and teamwork to accomplish Process/Operational Technology manufacturing networking objectives
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A minimum of 4-6 years of IT Operations experience, 3-5 years of hands on technical experience within IT
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Engineering discipline preferred
- Experience in a GMP environment is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Experience with SaaS and hosted solutions including Office 365, Identity and Mobile Device Mgmt.
- Experience with supporting a multi-site IT infrastructure supporting a 150+ end user environment
- Experience in vendor management, computer operations, network management, technical management and end user support
- Experience operating in an environment with one or more of the following processes: IT incident/service request management , IT release and deployment, ITchange management, IT configuration management
- Excellent communication, customer relation and problem-solving skills a
- Experience in biotech, pharma or life sciences preferred
- Must have the ability to work autonomously on various problems and be willing and able to take on new responsibilities as
- Experience maintaining a Windows corporate network environment
- Experience in data center operations, including physical and virtual servers, networking concepts and storage architectures
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.